Old March 16th 05, 06:52 PM
Peter Duniho

"FatKat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mostafa, I don't have FS 2004, but I googled the error message and
found this interesting exchange on a forum:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/micros...post708901.asp

Interestingly, that message (actually posted to a newsgroup, and probably
better referenced through Google Groups, rather than a web archive of the
newsgroup) doesn't mention the most likely reason for the error.

To the original poster: are you logged in as an administrator when you try
to install MSFS? If not, that may explain the error you're getting. Note
that you may also need to be logged in as an administrator to actually run
the program too (unless you change the security settings for the MSFS
install directory so that restricted users can write to that directory).

Pete