Old June 19th 05, 05:14 AM
Doug Vetter

Peter R. wrote:
What and/or who do you suppose is the reference for the article you posted?

Tom is usually pretty accurate about the "dirt" he finds in the
industry, so while he doesn't name names, I'd accept that it's coming
from the FAA via Garmin (otherwise, why would Garmin be asking owners
whether they have their GTX330 connected to a MFD?). The FAA shouldn't
care, unless they were trying to gauge how bad the backlash will be so
they can start their damage control efforts.

Shouldn't AOPA be stepping into this, too?

I copied Phil on my post. He's replied to my emails on the weekend in
the past (a tireless worker, no doubt), but I haven't heard back from
him on this subject yet.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA