Old May 15th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bendix King AV8OR - Help Needed

On May 15, 10:41*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

Never mind the information below. *Bendix King told my dealer that I need to
return the entire unit for warranty replacement. *That is silly since it
only needs a few files on the SD card. *I they had a support phone number or
e-mail address on their web site I'd contact them and try to work it out,
but they don't. *They require all support to go through their dealers. *That
policy just cost them a lot of money and me a few weeks without my new toy.

Paul Remde

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi,

I learned from Naviter that I should only need to replace 2 files on my
AV8OR's factory supplied SD card. *If anyone out there has an AV8OR they
should be able to e-mail the 2 files to me. *Since they are .exe program
files, it would be best if they were either put into a zip file, or their
file extensions were manually changed to .txt.

In the GoFly folder I need the GoFly.exe file.

In the GoDrive folder I need the igo_pna.exe file.

Those 2 files were replaced by files that run the SeeYou Mobile and
ConnectMe applications instead of the general aviation navigation and
street navigation programs.

I hope someone can help me out.

Paul Remde

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

Are there any glider pilots out there using the Bendix King AV8OR unit?
I ask because I need help getting my unit's supplied SD card back to its
original configuration.

It is a great product! I have been testing it with SeeYou Mobile for PNA.
You can see my review of it he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/pda.h...e_Comparison_G....

However, when I installed SeeYou Mobile onto the SD card that was
supplied with the unit, it overwrote a bunch of settings which are
required for running the unit's built-in general aviation navigation and
street navigation software. *I am trying to get support from the company
I purchased the unit from, but unfortunately Bendix King does not seem to
allow customers to contact them directly. *I just need to download and
install a new set of files onto the SD card. *Their web site FAQs imply
that I would need to get a new SD card from my dealer for $169 or so.
The high price is due to the fact that it includes maps of the Americas.
It seems ridiculous to me that I can't simply download the files to the
SD card and move on.

I should have installed SeeYou Mobile onto a different SD card. *I made
the poor assumption that the Mobile installation would not affect the
files already on the card. *When I install the Mobile files onto a
different SD card, it work great. *But I would like to get the built-in
features working again.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Hi Paul. I can possibly help if you like. I had the same problem - I
tried to update the Pacific Map DB off their website onto a US SD
card, and corrupted the date.. so now I have 2 SD cards (yes, Bendix
sent me one when I complained bitterly). So I have a spare, and am
going to try this other software.

If you still need files, let me know.

STuart