Old April 22nd 05, 01:37 PM
OtisWinslow

If you're actually IN controlled airspace .. as in within a
C, D, or B surface area then I'd talk to the controller there. An example
might be landing at a hospital that's fairly close to a Class C airport. On
the way in I'd give the controller a heads-up as to how long you'll
be on the ground and that you'll call him back at lift off.

If you're not in an area that goes to the ground then I'd call the
appropriate agency upon reaching 700 or 1200 AGL, whatever
applies.

OW
Rotorhead

"Richardfl" wrote in message
oups.com...
When performing off airport helicopter operations in controlled
airspace what is the proper radio procedures/calls when taking off
after a few hours on the ground? Should I just call with my position,
stating i am off airport requesting take off clearance?

Thanks

Richard