Old May 27th 05, 08:09 PM
Bob Johnson

Papa3 wrote:

Udo Rumpf wrote:

Eric
The elevator with the new C of G, once the bank and turn
is established, has a minimal up deflection but in cruise the elevator
is even more in a down deflection. This causes more drag. This can
be corrected by placing a washer under the bolt attachment of the
stab to reduce the angle of incidence to reduce the down deflection
in cruise. Ideally the ASW 24 should have a tail tank.
Anyone know of someone that made this mod on the 24?
Regards
Udo

What you really need is a lead weight on a track mounted in the
fuselage driven by a small motor. Move the weight back for climb.
Move it forward for cruise :-)) Actually, the flight research
department at my University had this installed in Navions. I guess
I'm only half-joking...

P3

Reminds me of the "mercury pump" gadget Moffat supposedly revealed to
his fellow contestants on the start grid one long-ago day.

Didn't matter whether it worked or not, the other guys were so psyced
out they were beaten before they hooked up.

Bob Johnson