Old March 8th 18, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default $75,000 2-33

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 9:19:09 AM UTC-8, kirk.stant wrote:
What it really needs is an autopilot and cup holders.

Oh - and some fuzzy dice...

66

Guys, guys.... Geesh.
Can't you even give them credit for jacking up a data plate and making a gorgeous glider under it? The prep of the steel, the recover, the shiny-shiny paint in very tasteful colors. Fresh plexi and a complete smooth interior.. New Belts! A very professional looking wiring job and clean panel. At least this one looks like it won't have fabric fairing to the skid, and creating a fabric flash off on her first landing. (That's a true story.) Using the ballast tray area for a solid battery install that addresses CG.

I wouldn't be using all the electric stuff in the panel, but hey, as a systems trainer? At least I can see over the trainee's shoulder for what they're switching/changing, unlike an Arcus. And it will get you off the ground, unlike a Condor simulator.

So - just celebrate someone's nearly bottomless checkbook. And the anticipated return-to-service of a venerable machine. This set of tube-fuselage will likely be flying after I am wafting as ashes in the sky. And we should appreciate that.

Thanks, Caprock men. But, she's beyond my checkbook . . . .

Cindy
a 2-33 back-seater