Old July 8th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.law-enforcement
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Police chopper noise levels

John Smith wrote:
In article
,
Charles Packer wrote:

Hard for me to believe that D.C. police could afford two choppers.
Is there a Web site where the different makes are shown in profile so
I could learn to identify them?

Some cities did not have to purchase helicopters.
The federal government has a program to give surplus equipment to state
and local governments if they apply for it.
Former US Army OH-58 helicopters (military model of the Bell 206) are
one of the items which come available as they are retired from military
service and are placed on the surplus list.

The DC Metropolitan Police Department has two American Eurocopter AS350 B3s.
They paid for the 2nd one with Homeland Security funds. I don't know how they
funded the first one.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com