Old June 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Teacherjh

Once (as a civilian) I sat on the ground at the end of runway 18 at
DCA for more than 30 minutes (about 5 p.m.) watching airliners
land--one after another. Didn't seem much like flying.

No, but neither does sitting behind an autopilot. g

Actually, if you taxi around for takeoff, have a three hour delay on the
ground, and then your engine blows up, all of that is loggable as "flight
time", not just the part where you leapt out of the cockpit just ahead of the
number three cylender.

Jose