Old September 3rd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default Flew home and boy are my arms tired!

wrote in message ps.com...
On Aug 23, 6:42 pm, kontiki wrote:
Wow... that is scarey. I am extremely reluctant to have
FB0s do anyting but fuel my aircraft... just because I'm
an "owner assisted" kind of guy like you who also flies
a piper (pa24-250). (I have had my nose gear steering stops
damaged by someone who "repositioned" my plane).

Glad you made it home safe and hope that you are compensated
for the damage to your plane.

The airplane sure wasn't legal for flight with a trim issue like
that. Any extra workload caused by some emergency would distract the
pilot enough that pitch attitude or altitude might get out of hand and
result in a thoroughly ruined day. And a thoroughly irritated
insurance company. Maybe ATC, too.

Dan

Not to mention the continuously loaded control linkages, yoke, etc...IMHO bad idea to fly the plane...