Old March 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

WOW ! I'm really impressed. A trained skilled pilot who during a shooting
war
got out of all combat commitments. Now that is what I call skill.

Art, you post a lot of interesting things that I enjoy. If you are
referring to Rumsfeld, this seems a cheap shot. If he was an ASW driver,
he may have had just as much a role in avoiding shooting wars than a
BUFF driver.

My former father-in-law was a Naval aviator flying close air support
during Korea. During Viet Nam, however, I suppose you could say he "got
out of combat" since his assignments included service test pilot at
Wright-Patterson, Sixth Fleet duty, etc. For that matter, his later
flying career with RA5C's, so obviously he didn't shoot.