Old March 25th 04, 08:50 PM
K.P. Termaat

Hello Erik,

Yes that's what my handbook says for my Ventus-2cxT also.
I guess however that when recovering from a spin using the standard method
(or the more advanced one including a bit of aileron) that then Vne will be
exceeded after rotation has stopped and pitch angle is something like 60°.
To avoid this the idea is to pull the brakes even before the rotation has
stopped. But I am worried about that.

Karel, NL

"Erik Braun" schreef in bericht
K.P. Termaat wrote:
Yesterday evening I talked with a friend about avoiding excessive speed

when
recovering from a spin in a modern low drag glider with the somewhat

larger
span.
He came up with the idea of pulling the airbrakes when still recovering

from
the rotating mode. I am not sure this can be done without disturbing the
recovering action or without hurting the glider.
Any comment will appreciated.

Karel, NL

Pulling the airbrakes is what most handbooks say on this subject. But if
you're already very fast I'd do this carefully.