Old March 7th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default OLDER PILOTS PERFORM BETTER, STUDY FINDS

Denny writes:

Yup, those young pilots are bigger than me, better looking than me,
faster than me, stronger than me, scan better, have better vision,
better hearing, and multi task faster/better...
So, why are they the ones getting caught in weather, having icing
emergencies, skidding off taxiways, running out of fuel, crashing
their jet on final approach, busting the ADIZ, punching the DC TFR,
crashing into the ocean on a calm night, hitting apartment buildings,
and generally giving GA a bad name?

Because the difference between them and you in the characteristics you
describe as being to their advantage is small to nonexistent, whereas the
differences in experience are very large.