Old October 11th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,alt.vacation.las-vegas,sci.med.cardiology
MU

Default General Aviation Dead?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:09:10 +0100, Keith Willshaw wrote:

MU wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:11:43 +0100, Keith Willshaw wrote:

MU wrote:

I haven't renewed my PPL this year and one reason is that the
airport I fly out of is a) under runway construction and b) filled
with daffy old pilots.

Try sharing a single TO/L runway with a bunch of glaucoma-laden
morons. lol. When you choice on TO abort is "which set of mangroves
do I ditch in", you're better off grounded.

Reality Check

Active General Aviation Aircraft in the U.S. 1973-2011
Current as of March 2011
Source: FAA

Year No Active Aircraft
2011 224,475
2001 211,446
1991 196,874
1981 213,293
1973 153,311

Doesn't exactly look dead to me.

Keith

Dying is not dead. Reality check, truth be known, general aviation is
a dying industry. Every year there are fewer active pilots, "active
airplanes" is a load.

It reflects those actually flying

Keith

There you go. Start a flight school. Train all those incoming students,
you'll make a fortune. lol
--
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php#