Old November 18th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Yesterday's IFR flight with questions

A Lieberman wrote:

I think with my plane being white, and nothing "reflective" to see the ice
like it was in the sun, it was harder to spot? It was on the temperature
probe that I clearly saw the white rime ice. I had looked on the wings for
the ice and didn't see it.

This is an important point. I think one of the online "learn about
icing" courses advises you to take a small strip of some black tape and
wrap it around the leading edge of the wing or the strut---by looking
at the tape you can see more easily if things have started to ice up.

(I've been to Steubenville! Greetings from Pittsburgh. I'm a pretty new
instrument pilot, but I've heard that this area is a great place for
icing.)

--Tom