Old April 5th 04, 12:43 AM
Dan Thomas

"smf" wrote in message news:uyUbc.7609$sd5.4328@okepread02...
I installed a Sky tec last year on my Glasair II. The I-O 360B1E had some
hotstart problems. With the lighter weight and higher starting speed I'm
very pleased with it. Go with the sky tec.

Steve

We have several Lycs with both Prestolite and SkyTecs. The Prestolite
requires a brush inspection every 200 hours (a Cessna requirement)
while the SkyTec is designed to go to TBO without such fuss.
Just don't put a Lamar starter on an O-470 or 520. I did two of
those, and the owners both complained of poor starting 80% of the
time, hot or cold. Checked out the electrical supply, no problems
there. Replaced both with Prestolites and they're happy.

Dan