Old August 17th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default NTSB Factual Walton Crash

In article ,
Capt.Doug says...

Not being intimately familiar with the design, the wording in the report
about an inspection mirror does not draw a good mental image for me. Was the
mirror part of the aircraft or was it a misplaced tool? Could it have caused
a control surafce to jam?

John was using an inspection mirror during the repairs he was doing.Witnesses
reported him using it to see into the boom area by the rear control stick
access. The NTSB said they weren't able to simulate a jam up .I bought the
identical mirror and on an undamaged aircraft was able to simulate a jam up.
The mirror is not part of the equiptment and was found in the wreckage.

See ya

Chuck S