Old December 18th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Wanted: Standard Class glider near socal

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 3:29:23 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Some fellow pilots in SoCal suggested I post here an add for Glider Wanted after a few weeks of searching for my first glider.
Looking for a good condition standard class glider, good to great clamshell trailer package. I prefer auto hook ups and easy rigging.
Discus, Ls3, Dg300; ls4 are at the top of my list.

I don’t want to travel cross country, yet , in order to find one especially if I can find one close to home.

Lastly my budget Can go up to the mid to high 30’s for the right glider package At the top end of my budget it will have to be a complete package, great clamshell trailer, glider in good condition, wing wheel, tail wheel, one man rigger, wing stands, pilot parachute, good flight computer and instruments, transponder O2 and current annual close to SoCal.
I am looking for a ready to fly package, prefer auto hook ups and easy assembly with no major damage history.
I am not interested in competing and don’t want a flap only ship.
If you have or know of a complete ready to go package for sale available near SoCal contact me, I would love to find and purchase my glider soon.

Thank You

Why no flaps? Just curious about what leads you to this decision.