Old December 20th 17, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Standard Class glider near socal

All,
Thanks for suggestions. I Did not mean to start a debate, I probably should have just said WTB: Sailplane in or near SoCal and then listed some of my preferences. I was hoping to find a glider for sale I could drive to in a few hours or less, look at it, have a pre sale inspection and talk offer/deal with the owner.
Discus, Ls3, Ls4, DG300 are at the top of my shopping list. I wrote I did not want a flap only ship just to eliminate some models. I wrote easy to rig, and although that may be very subjective we all know some models require a lot more effort, patience and practice to assemble than others. I live a few minutes from the gliderport and hope for three or four flights a week so naturally want something that goes together easy and quickly.
I have been to local gliderports, talked to maintenance facilities and lots of great pilots. I have been looking on W&W, and have looked at a couple gliders for sale. I was hoping that maybe someone might be on the fence for selling and they or someone they know read the the WTB, thus the post.
In my short limited experience I have learned much more than I thought about the process. I was naive to think that finding what I wanted would be easy.....I underestimated the inventory and what I will get for my target price.....that’s on me. One mans “great condition” is another’s needs refinish now.
So, thank you for the posts and information,
Happy holidays