Old July 29th 19, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default source for clips or sleaves for Hotelier linkages

On 7/29/2019 3:10 AM, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 2:47:32 AM UTC-6, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Look at a RC car supplier (like, Tower Hobbies) for "body pins" used to hold a RC car body onto the chassis.
IIRC, we used to use dental floss tied onto the pin and pushrod so you didn't lose the pin.

Thanks. Is this acceptable for a standard airworthiness certificated glider?

Why not?

My Stemme has so many non-aircraft parts as delivered from the factory
that you wouldn't believe it.Â* Did you get your vario from and have it
installed by a certificated avionics shop?Â* Is that an aircraft battery
that's powering your avionics?Â* We're talking about bobby pins here.

--
Dan, 5J