Old February 16th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

Default WAAS info

On Feb 16, 6:00 am, Thomas Borchert
wrote:
Paul,

Cost of the
exchange from my older 430 was $2500. Labor to install new antenna and
cable plus tax came to $650.

Could you explain how the 2500 accumulate? 1500 is the actual update
from Garmin, right? What is the rest? The new antenna?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

The $2500 is a brand new 430w in exchange for my older 430, not the
$1500 upgrade. The new units are readily available. The $1500 price
is for new guts in an old 430, and I've been told does not include
terrain info. The new innards have to be installed by Garmin, so you
have to get a place in line, then ship the unit and wait for its
return.