Old April 26th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default dumb question about Radio comms / opening flight plans

On Apr 26, 7:45 am, wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
on 122.1, or the other way around?

I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
vs the other?

Tom

You can try both ways but I suspect you'll find the answer obvious
once you try

-Robert, CFII