Old April 4th 04, 03:03 PM
Nathan Young

Unfortunately - that was the trip out

Had to climb to 10.5k to get out of the bumps, and got a 65-80kts GS.

Western Wisconsin has some small hills, so I knew that would probably
accentuate the turbulence. It did - ended up being the worst
turbulence I have experienced. Descending through 5 and down, I hiit
a few bumps that sent things (including me) to the roof.

Winds were ~330 @ 30 with higher gusts when I got down.

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 07:10:52 GMT, Dave S
wrote:

Be thankful you werent heading the other direction.

Dave

Nathan Young wrote:
I've owned my Cherokee 180 for 4 years, and during this time have seen
my share of headwinds and tailwinds. Got my most impressive tailwind
today.

Flew home from Western Wisconsin (to Chicago) today, and finally broke
200kts (in level flight): 13.5kft, 202Kts groundspeed - in a Cherokee
180!

-Nathan