Old August 2nd 03, 07:29 AM
cMAD

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message m...
"Marty Ross" wrote in message
Interesting... I checked it out, and it might be good for the return trip
(later afternoon).

However, check out that 30' wide runway!!! I don't know if I'm

comfortable
with that!

Anyone landed at Harris Ranch (3O8) lately? What's the runway like?

Yep... did it in a C-172. When you do it, you'll find your mind has made it
a much bigger challenge than it really is. You'll do fine!

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

I landed at Harris Ranch twice with a Piper Archer, on 1st and 2nd of
July last year. The second time I landed with a complete electrical
failure, but still everything went ok.

The staff at Harris Ranch were most helpful ... they let me use a
hotel room, the telephone, and their fax machine to take care of
important appointments and to arrange for a mechanic to come out of
Bakersfield.

Things got real interesting when I flew as a passenger in a Cessna 150
to follow the Archer to Bakersfield. Two HEAVY guys, plus a spare
battery, in a C-150 on a hot day make for low performance flying. In
fact, the power lines south of the runway were not a problem only
because the pilot went _underneath_ them, and started the 50ft/min
climb afterwards.

Christoph - who was VERY quiet on the flight from Harris Ranch to
Bakersfield.