Old September 20th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mick[_2_]

Default ?replace bushing on compressor wheels?

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
| On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:14:07 -0700 (PDT),
| wrote:
|
| On Sep 19, 2:48 pm, mhorowit wrote:
| One of the wheels on my air compressor is at an angle. I removed it
| and the bolt/spindle and the inner and outer bushings wiggle.
|
| Anyone know if it is worth replacing these bushings and how to do it
| or should I just buy a wheel? - Mike
|
| Have you ever visited Harbor Freight Tools?

| Rich S.
|

| that's about two levelels down in quality and sturdiness - Mike

Rich,

Check with you nearest bearing or power transmission products supplier. They
my have an off the shelf bushing for much less than the cost of a new wheel.
Many bushing sizes are just as available as bearings.

I have had to replace the cheap roller bearings in the front wheels of my
garden tractor a couple of times, and it's much cheaper than a new wheel.