Old October 20th 03, 05:21 PM
Cy Galley

Once you fly off the restrictions, you have the same access as a certified
airplane,

--
Cy Galley
Editor, EAA Safety Programs

"Rob" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am in the early stages of thinking about building a kit aircraft.

I would appreciate comments on the real-world impact of the FAR
restrictions with regards to operation of an Amateur-built experimental
aircraft over congested areas (except during airport operations).

What does this mean? Although I live in the boonies, I have family
members and friends in NYC, Boston, Twin Cities & GSP. Does 'except

during
airport operations' allow me to fly my experimental to TEB so long as I
don't circle to look at the scenery in Northern New Jersey?

kleindoc