Old April 15th 04, 04:24 PM
John Hairell

On 15 Apr 2004 12:10:39 GMT, (BUFDRVR) wrote:

Just because a unit served in France doesn't mean it had to have a
French motto, and vice versa.

Yes and no. The 2nd Bomb wing is one of the "original" Army Air Corps flying
wings, its emblem is displayed with 7 (I think its 7 others, maybe 8?) other
"original" Army Air Corps wings on the Air Force corridor in the Pentagon. All
8 "original" units have something on their emblem that ties them to France. The
2nd Bomb wing has two Flor de Leis (spelling...help...)

I meant not specific to AAC but to the Army as a whole.

Quibble: the authorized 2nd Bomb Wing symbol has only ONE
fleur-de-lys.

[rest snipped]

John Hairell