Old June 10th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Quad City Airshow & Golden Wings Museum Pix & Video

Last month Jim Burns and I flew our families up to Anoka-Blaine
Airport, near Minneapolis, to visit Montblack and to take in the sights
at the Golden Wings Museum. Montblack arranged for a private tour of
the museum -- which houses some fantastic aircraft from the "Golden
Age" of flight -- and we all had an outstanding time.

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_flight_to_anoka.htm for some
pix.

Then, last weekend we flew to Davenport, Iowa, to attend the annual
Quad City Airshow. This airshow has grown into a world-class affair,
with the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds alternating years, and a plethora
of other outstanding airshow acts in between.

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/2006_quad_city_airshow.htm for
pictures of the show, and some pretty decent video of the Blue Angels.

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA