Old August 30th 04, 06:15 PM
Rosspilot

Bush projects exactly that kind of smoothness, assurance, and decisive
response. It comforts the voters and makes pilots, especially those who do a
lot of emergency drilling, say, "My kind of guy."

CorkyWell Roger, lucky for us we have film of exactly how "Dubya" reacted
when told the news of the attacks on the WTC because he was being
filmed at the time reading to kids in a classroom in Florida when an
aide approached and gave him the news. There it is in cold hard film,
the actual reaction of the big guy when told of the worst attack upon
the United States since Pearl Harbor.

His smooth assured and decisive reaction? He sat there stunned for 8
minutes on camera until someone came and hustled him out of the
classroom.

Exactly. As close to the proverbial "deer in the headlights" look as I have
ever seen.
The film (and there are others besides Michael Moore's because many cameras
were rolling at the time) simply does NOT lie.

Maybe you can offer another, better, example of calm smooth assurance.
Please? I could sure use it because he often seems a sandwich short
of a picnic to me.

Well, he looked pretty self-assured when he landed on the aircraft carrier in a
flight suit under the "Mission Accomplished" banner. I'll be he loved that.
Probably enjoyed having Thanksgiving with the troops, too. He's (I am told) a
very nice guy, but he's way over his head.

And I promised myself I would stay out of politics on this NG . . . sorry, but
I couldn't help myself. :-(

www.Rosspilot.com