Old July 16th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Heart trouble

On 2007-07-16 14:34:46 -0700, "pgbnh" said:

There are a series of heart symptoms listed in the FAR's that constitute
cause for 'self-grounding' (see 67.). AF is not listed as a condition that
requires you to ground yourself. You can choose to, but if a cardiologist
says you are OK, then I believe you can continue to fly.
The problem comes with the next medical where you must declare the condition
and your treatment. You should expect to have to do the following:
1. Go through a maximal stress test
2. Get a letter from cardiologist indicating his/her judgement of the state
of your cardiac health as well as any and all medications.
3. Possibly produce the results of a Holter Monitor (24 hour EKG).
4. You MAY have to go the 'Special Issuance' route, which means you can plan
on doing 1,2,3 every year.

Not for AF, but I have been doing this process for the last 7 years. PITA,
but I have my medical

If you are a member, call AOPA

Thanks, everyone. You guys really are a great bunch. Now we shall see
what the cardiologist says.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor