Old August 19th 03, 04:14 PM
rjciii

"BTIZ" wrote:

... then AOPA should be notified...

1. And if the local AOPA field representative happens to also be the
Vice-Chairman of the Airport Board that allows such misuse,

2. And if the AOPA HQ is made aware of this fact and does not seem to
be concerned about any potential conflict of interest,

Both above items of which is the current situation at the
LaGrange-Callaway airport in LaGrange, GA., where the Southern Eagles
Soaring club made the AOPA aware of federal assurances violations to
include restrictions to glider flying and refusal to rent available
hangar space,

Then, please tell me what exactly do you think the AOPA can do (as
opposed to "should" do) about this or any other airport assurances
complaint?

Speaking from personal experience, I think you'd be very unpleasantly
surprised about how little support you'd actually receive from the
AOPA, SSA, and the FAA on any such matters.

I'm reporting the unfortunate reality that one should not assume, just
because one pays dues to the AOPA/SSA, that these organizations will
readily become actively involved, when requested, to protect a
member's "right" to unfettered operation at public facilities.

I have also learned that the FAA has no authority (or willingness) to
enforce its own regulations, and the AOPA is unable (or unwilling) ro
distinguish friend from foe.

--"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend".
-William Blake

--"We have met the enemy and it is us". -Pogo