Old February 1st 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ANNUAL, 2005 Redux...

Don't remember if I gave the ending to the group... The rebuilt mags
went on without problems and the engines started promptly... I have
flown 10+ hours at this point and have no complaints about the mags
(didn't have complaints before)... I did have one fouled plug on the
3rd flight (leaded crap ought to be outlawed) that cleared with the ol
full throttle with lean mixture trick, but the tanks have been pretty
well flushed of lead now by topping off with the cheapest, nastiest,
mogas I can find... The engines running smooth and loving every drop of
it...
Total bill was $3200 parts and labor for the annual, lots better than
the $12K+ last year... Sooner or later I'm going to get an annual for
just his shop rate (yeah, right!, cept I did notice some oil on the
bottom plugs on 2 cylinders on the starboard engine sigh, so I can
see an overhaul in my future... I'm busily collecting new cylinders
and overhaul parts...

denny and Fat Albert the Apache