Old June 4th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default EAA plans major building expansion?

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:49:06 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:99L0k.3194$t07.1982
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

I bring this up because a lot of people feel that EAA has become

too
commercial and has forgotten their constituency.

EAA is a big business with a shrinking constituency. Look at the
"Gone West" column each month, and all the empty airports, and

it's
easy to see what they're up against.

If expanding the Airventure grounds so that it may be better used

for
other events helps to preserve our annual fly-in, I'm all for it.

wish it were otherwise, but there just ain't enough new pilots in

the
pipeline to support EAA. As a result, their choices are rather

stark.

There were only two at the beginning, idiot.

Who come to your limited mind, you and Anthony?

Paul Poberezny and Steve Whitman, actually.

Bertie

no H, 2 t's

I fly steve's 8th design.

(I know, spelling errors are kook baits :-) )
Stealth Pilot

Wasn't intentional! I type pretty quickly, obviously Good speed, crap
accuracy.

Bertie