Old August 6th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default New twist "on pre-flight inspections."

On Aug 5, 5:21*pm, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:51*pm, Ricky wrote:

Walking over I discovered a large 1"-2" chunk
missing from the prop blades,

Blade or blades?

I could see the oversight sitting INSIDE the plane if it was the blade
on the downside that you couldn't see this missing chunk, but if it
was both blades, I can't imagine you missing it looking out the
windscreen???

Actually, only one blade had been damaged, which has always perplexed
me.
When I tied to the cable (which I only assumed I hit) there was no
obvious
problem with it. It seems had the cable been cut then I would've
noticed
when I tied to it.
The school mechanic made short work of determining acceptable damage
limits and filing out the missing chunk from the other blade.
It seems as though both blades should've had damage.
So, I meant to write "blade," not "blades.

Ricky