Old October 5th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

C Gattman wrote:

I believe you are correct. I have provided the exact official
definition and source of both runway incursions and surface incidents,
as well as a statement of clarification of what the term "runway
incursion" is intended to mean, as well as material that specifically
states what -isn't- an incursion. Nobody else provided that, so I
asked the FSDO. They gave me authoritative source material and I
shared it here.

Apparently, "everybody" was unable or unwilling to do that.

The subject was runway incursions, I don't believe anyone asked for the
definition of surface incident.