Old September 28th 17, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday?

100 years of American soaring how many high speed airplane/glider midairs have there been? There was the bizjet/ASG29 over Minden, any others? Convince the gov't there is a need for transponders in gliders so airliners can avoid us(gliders have the right of way) and I'll tell them how the transponders will be powered by 12 dollar batteries soldered in by amateurs (in a rush before the first tow, ah screw it, no time to solder friends are launching, we'll just twist wires together and tape) lolz.
If the justification is separation with airliners then you need equipment with the same reliability and redundancy of airliners. If you don't have equal equipment it isn't about safety, it is about feelings. And that is gay..