Old February 12th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NTSB Goes to Fewer Crashes

If you are so afraid, Mr. Lune, just keep looking up and make sure you
stay away from little airports. Stick with the big planes that manage to
kill about 100+ folks each time they go boom.

Skylune wrote:
by John R Feb 8, 2006 at 11:12 PM

"The consequences are, you're going to miss some things," said Gene
Doub, a former NTSB accident investigator who teaches at University of
Southern California. "Every one of these are not just dumb pilots. Some
are airspace-system or training issues or airworthiness issues."

"Training issues" indeed. I went on the EAA website yesterday for the
first time. A sport pilot license with just a state issued drivers
license for the medical and just 20 hours of instruction, including 5
solo.

Gimme a break! I don't care if they are restricted to daytime hours, no
x-countrys, etc. They can't be safe, esp in airports that have busy
patterns.

The mid-air yesterday: wonder if the person flying the experimental was a
"sport pilot."

I'm seriously surprised that the people here are not appalled at how easy
the FAA has made it for hacks to get into the air.