Old November 8th 18, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Canopy free soaring

JS wrote on 11/7/2018 9:31 PM:
On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 4:39:59 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
Dreaming about next summer...

Other than drag, is there any reason to not remove my canopy and go soaring? Experimental airworthiness.

Why wait until next Summer?
The open cockpit regatta is held every New Year's Day in Tehachapi.

I'm told you haven't really flown in an "open cockpit" until you do it from a
winch tow off a frozen lake. The closest I've come to an open cockpit was racing
open wheel Formula Vee cars, and I learned you really want to have that small wind
screen deflector in front of you, otherwise the force of the wind on your head can
make your neck very tired, very quickly.