Old January 21st 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Matt Wiser

Default F/A-18F loadout for war-at-sea info needed for model project

"Matt Wiser" wrote:

If I had the single-rail launcher for the AGM-65s, I'd gladly sub them for Harpoons; however,
the Testors and Hasegawa weapons kits don't come with that launcher, only Hasegawa sees
fit to include the triple-rail launcher in theirs, and the pair I have have a date with an unbuilt
A-10... The reasoning behind Harpoon/Rockeye is that you'd come in behind the missiles,
and assuming one or both hit, you'd finish off the target with the CBUs. HARM and Rockeye
would be that you'd blind the radars on the target, and what he can't see with radar, he can't
defend against when the Harpoons come in. (in theory, anyway) Of course, the AIM-9X and
AIM-120 would deal with any air cover, or any rotary-winged pests like ASW and AEW helos.