Old January 22nd 04, 02:49 PM

Hi Jay,

You didn't say whether you're looking for new or used. If you already have
an intercom, then a cheap fix is to pick up a used KMA-20. You can usually
get a clean one on e-bay for around $200. This is what I did for my budget
panel upgrade. For a little more, you can get a decent KMA-24.

But since your reason for replacement is cosmetic, I'm guessing you want
something a little more modern. Personally, I'm a big fan of the PS
Engineering audio panels: http://www.ps-engineering.com/. I've flown with
these on various aircraft and have been impressed with the clarity and ease
of use. While you're at it, why not plop in a PAV80 with backseat display
for the kiddies

cheers,
mark

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
My Narco audio panel works just fine. However, the faceplate has been

glued
back together twice by my avionics shop. (How it got broken in the first
place is anyone's guess...)

In the recent intense cold, the epoxy has let go again, so I think it's

time
to replace the unit. Other than requiring the marker beacon

lights/receiver
to be built-in, I have no prerequisites. Well, it would be nice if it

fit
in the same hole without too much bother.

Any recommendations?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA