Old March 27th 05, 03:30 AM
Robert Chambers

Sure it is relevant, until one IFR flight has cleared the part of the
airspace relevant to his departure the second IFR flight cannot be
released for takeoff.

For the same reason a plane holding for IFR release cannot take off
until the IFR arrival he's waiting for has either cancelled IFR or has
landed.

Mike W. wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

Roy Smith wrote:

Hi Tom. That's a common trick the tower uses at HPN to get multiple
departures out quicker. I get it every once in a while. I can't say

for

sure, but I suspect it's only possible when one of the flights is VFR.

IFR or VFR is not relavant.

He's right, the controller is not going to issue taxi and hold to a flight
that is going to have to wait 10 minutes to pick up clearance. If they are
ready to go, they are ready to go.