Old March 31st 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN***

Sounds like some Penn State Soaring Club Alumni playing a joke to
me....

2c

Buzz!!! wrote:
Fellow Glider Pilots,
Your help is greatly needed! On Monday night or Tuesday morning early,
the Penn State Soaring Club Blanik L-13 was stolen from us. The glider
had just been assembled by the club members on Sunday afternoon at
Ridge Soaring gliderport. We know that the aircraft was dis-assembled
and towed out of Ridge Soaring because the trailer is gone too and
evidence was found to indicate the thieves might have known what they
were doing (possibly they are glider pilots or A&P's.) Right away as
soon as we knew the aircraft was missing, we started coordinating the
efforts and feel that we have done everything necessary to this point.
Our best bet is with the State Police finding the glider being towed on
the road.

This is where I ask for your help. Please be on the look-out for a
large grayish-white, aluminum pop riveted, home built single axle
trailer. The trailer is approximately 7 feet tall with an added bump
on the top at the aft for the folding tail. Prior to the
disappearance of the trailer, it had a PA license plate attached to it.

If you happen to see this trailer on the road or one similar (because
we can't be too sure), Please call State Trooper Johnson at
484.269.2766, state location of spotting, direction of travel and any
other useful information.

Thanks for all your help,
Penn State Soaring Club
Buzz!