Old June 18th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
romeomike

Default Emergency Landing-Engine DEAD

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
So what do you do? Over the weekend, a Bonanza driver was faced with
this issue and had a 2000' grass strip to land on. He and his
passengers were injured and the airplane was an apparent writeoff.
I've been on that strip many many times but intentionally. Well, I've
been on many such strips worldwide.
So, what do you do?

I must be missing a link to more info on this incident. Just from what I
see in your post, I would land on the airstrip if within gliding
distance. (2000 ft is enough.) Otherwise, look for another spot to land
on. What am I missing?