Old June 18th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Emergency Landing-Engine DEAD

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
So, what do you do?

Slow it down to best glide and then do the very best you can from there. I
am also a glider pilot but if the noise suddenly stopped on my Cezzna I would be
in that situation for the very first time. I would hope I could do better, but
you won't get me to speak badly of someone who blew a dead stick approach to a
2000' runway. Hell, I have had to go around more than once after screwing up an
ordinary approach.

Vaughn

I have only had to ride a plane down once and was successful. Heck, it
was out in Western Kansas and all the wheat fields are very long
runways. But I have learned in practice to plan an little high and slip
the last part. I do not want to come up short.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP