Old June 18th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Emergency Landing-Engine DEAD

"Ross" wrote in message
Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
So, what do you do?

Slow it down to best glide and then do the very best you can from
there. I am also a glider pilot but if the noise suddenly stopped on my
Cezzna I would be in that situation for the very first time. I would
hope I could do better, but you won't get me to speak badly of someone
who blew a dead stick approach to a 2000' runway. Hell, I have had to go
around more than once after screwing up an ordinary approach.

Vaughn

I have only had to ride a plane down once and was successful. Heck, it was
out in Western Kansas and all the wheat fields are very long runways. But
I have learned in practice to plan an little high and slip the last part.
I do not want to come up short.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP