Old December 7th 19, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Looking for pictures of motorglider failures

I've been persuaded to give an OSTIV talk about motorglider safety issues,
in particular propulsion system failures. I'm going to discuss
common failures, the systemic reasons this stuff has happened and
WILL CONTINUE to happen, and some ideas for systemic improvements.

I'm looking for pictures and/or documentation of failures, for example:
- failed position switches (ie limit switches, prop position sensor)
- failed fuel systems (improper hoses, routing, leak sources, etc)
- failed structural components (cracked exhaust, mounts, pylons, etc)
- failed drive belts
- failed electrical connectors
- failed motor controller
- failed electronics
and anything else you might happen to have.

Ideally a good photo, make and model, approximate date, brief description.
Please email to me offline.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Probably time to redo this study, but situation isn't that much changed:
http://www.nadler.com/public/DeRese_...ilplanes.p df