Old December 15th 19, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Tesla Model 3 and a glider

Patrick McMahon wrote on 12/14/2019 2:46 PM:
On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 2:19:35 PM UTC-7, bertvaneyken wrote:
Is there anyone using a Tesla Model 3 to tow his/her glider regularly?

Curious about the impact on range and usability to go on (European) gliding holiday.

I understand the practical implication of long-distance trailering is that typical charging spots are pull-in, not pull-through. This likely means that you need to disconnect the trailer to charge.

I went back and forth from Alberta to Ontario through the US to retrieve a glider in November. This was the first trip in the last 5 years I couldn't have done with a Tesla. Because of 1) pull-in charging, 2) Montanna.

Watching for a trailer kit on a Model Y for my next vehicle. Buy $TSLA!

Charging stations are being installed in "many" Walmart parking lots, situated
away from the store where cars rarely park. The ones I've seen have plenty of room
to pull-in, charge, back out, and off you go. Other big box stores are probably
not far behind.