Old December 15th 19, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Tesla Model 3 and a glider

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 17:54:36 -0800, 2G wrote:

The answer is yes, you can tow a glider trailer with a Tesla X (to some
locations), but would you want to?

Very interesting: thanks.

I'd wondered if hill-climbing impacted range, so that's clarified, but it
does raise another point: I thought that the extra energy needed to climb
a hill would be mitigated by regenerative braking on down-hill stretches,
but evidently not.

I also hadn't factored in the costs of running aircon, but over here we
do have cooler summers than almost all of your side of the pond has.

I suppose the an electric gets bitten in winter too, in the sense that an
IC car gets heating for free, while an electric needs to suck on the
battery to keep the cabin warm.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org