Old August 17th 04, 04:57 AM
Maule Driver

victor airways. I live in the vicinity of RDU, and if I'm flying
anywhere to the north, I have to pretty much figure on filing & flying
the victor airways. If I'm flying to the west or south, random
off-airway routes are generally available. All of the aircraft

My experience flying north out of 8nc8 (10 miles north of RDU) is 50:50. I
file direct and I'd estimate a little less than half the time I get it (4000
to 8000). Even after they clear me, I can almost always request direct and
get it.

Problem is, sooner or later you have to get on the airways to get past DC if
you are going that way.