Old December 27th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
TM

Default Building a Gyrobee

Greetings, all.

I am new to this group, but I have been studying Gyros for a few years.
I've decided on building a Gyrobee. I'd love to build one from
scratch, doing my own cutting and drilling, not for the cost savings
but just because I'm an engineer at heart and love to build things.
The only problem is that I have no experience doing the *precision*
cutting and drilling required by this project. I'm willing to get the
tools and practice, but since my safety is at stake, I'm hesitant,
thinking I should buy ready-to-assemble kit.

So what say you? Can a good weekend mechanic build a gyro from
scratch?

Thanks,
TM