Old May 14th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Flying into the NYC area

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
Jay Maynard wrote:
My plans have changed a bit...I may find myself flying into the NYC area
after picking up the Zodiac. I'll be coming up from the south
(Charlotte or
so) the morning of June 4, and flying off toward Texas the next
morning. The
main requirement I have is that I need to get from whichever airport into
NYC (and, ideally, up to the Bronx) via public transportation without
spending a fortune, and back the next day. Cheap avgas would be nice, but
that's secondary.

Suggestions? Or should I just bag it, leave the airplane in Charlotte,
and
go commercial?

Where are you headed in Texas Jay. Your route might take you near me and
I'd love to see the plane and of course meet you.

KSWI in North Texas has some of the cheapest 100LL. We are about 1 hour
(driving) north of Dallas

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP